Believe In Dreams Ranch

Welcome to Believe in Dreams Ranch where horses are trained using gentle "John Lyons" methods. I Apprenticed under "Ken McNabb" after 25 years of training.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Boys will be Boys !

This morning I had the great idea to put the colts out into the arena to play.
First WarDrum escapes from me so I get everyone else out in the arena and head out to get the escapee. Next I hear all kinds of clunking and banging. I turn around and cannot see Cookie who had just been at the trough eating hay while the others played. As you can see from the pictures this is how I found him. Ahhhhh the joys of owning youngsters. Luckily Kacey was home, so I went to the house and got him and the camera. We pondered our dilemma Kacey hooked on a couple ropes, but it did not take long to figure out that wasn't going to work. So Kacey gets in my truck and we are going to push the tank over. Well that was enough for Cookie he finally got to his feet and jumped out.
This is my theory what happened, Cookie was standing there eating, minding his own business and Peanut and RockStar were goofing around running. They banged into the poor innocent one and knocked him into the trough where he promptly fell down. He really wasn't too excited about it he was even eating hay while we were trying to figure out what we were going to do.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home