Believe In Dreams Ranch

Welcome to Believe in Dreams Ranch where horses are trained using gentle "John Lyons" methods. I Apprenticed under "Ken McNabb" after 25 years of training.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Just some thoughts

There have been so many calls with people interested in the Summer Day Camp program I am already overwhelmed. It sounds like it is going be an exciting Summer !

So far the weekly rate of $125.00 is staying the same. (plus board for your horse, if you have your own here.) I am working on some rate options for those interested in perhaps only attending two or three days a week. We had such great fun with the day camp from the end of May until school started last summer.

Plans are in the works for attending some of the Open Horse Shows. I have some lesson girls active in 4-H and I am wondering if we should look at starting our own 4-H club if there is enough interest.

I am also planning on attending some Paint Shows if I can swing it. We have the two 50/50 colts and Cookie. The girls that have worked with the colts would be eligible to show them in Halter, Showmanship, Lungeline and in hand Trail.

I am looking into Believe in Dreams T-Shirts for the girls and also some for us to wear to the Horse Shows while we warm up, before putting on show outfits. Something along the lines of Believe in Dreams Horse Show Team.
Please let me know if there is any interest in these.

I am also working on plans for us to go for a trail ride this summer near Walhalla in the hills and trees. We can take the horses swimming in the river and camp out.

I would like to do a mother/daughter day or even a week and of course we would have to do one for the dads too. I need to know if anyone is interested in this.

Ken McNabb is willing to come up and do a three day clinic with us.
I believe the cost is around $350.00 for each rider and only $20.00 for spectators. I would have to have enough people interested in riding for the three day clinic. He requires a $175.00 deposit for each rider. Please let me know if you are interested so I can decide if I should pick out a date for this and set it up. For those of you that are not familiar with Ken please check out his website http://www.kenmcnabb.com/index.php or watch him on the RFD channel.

I am still doing riding lessons this winter, we have had such beautiful weather. These are just on a call ahead basis at $25.00 per hour.

At this point, boots with a riding heel are my only requirement (in the winter we have been using warm boots with a heel) I am considering helmets for all riders. Please parents, let me know your thoughts on this....you too girls.

I have been concentrating most of my time on getting Flag going good, but have Chief going and Odin started. I still need to get to Kadilac.

I have been getting calls and emails about the training horses too, so stay in good shape girls we have lots and lots of riding to do.

Hope all of you are having a great school year ! Mary has been doing real well with Rimshot. Lacey congratulations and we would sure like to hear how you are doing with your new horse. Lauren congratulations on your new horse too, please let us know how you are doing.

Feel free to contact me by email believeindreams@gondtc or just give me a call.

Thank You
Did you hug a horse today ?
Karma

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home