Believe In Dreams Ranch

Welcome to Believe in Dreams Ranch where horses are trained using gentle "John Lyons" methods. I Apprenticed under "Ken McNabb" after 25 years of training.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Updates on the Horses


I know these pictures are blurry I apologize. Finding someone around here to take a picture is near impossible, not to mention I hate having my picture taken. That is one thing I loved about having the summer camp kids . They were all great for taking photos of on my training horses. ~laffs~ Anyway here is Jasmine. She is doing great. She stands rock solid now for saddling, untied. I can throw my heavy saddle up there like an old broke horse and she doesn't flinch. I don't lunge her or round pen her or anything just put my foot in the stirrup and ride off.
The weather hasn't been cooperating with me at all I am going to have to take all the panels down in the arena. None of the horses need them anymore. The first couple of weeks all it did was rain and I mean pouring rain. Now it has been up in the 90's. I have been riding late evenings, late enough that the mosquito's are bad and I need the lights in the arena. I wouldn't ride my own horses in the heat and the humidity so I don't with the clients horses either.
Max is about at the same stage as Jasmine. He is still needing more work on gives to the bit. He has the longest tongue I have ever seen on a horse. If he doesn't want to give to the bit he reaches his tongue out all the way to the buckles on my reins. It is the goofiest thing I have ever seen. His movement is pretty good and he gives when he wants to. You have to be persistent I expect alot more from him. We really need to get outside. Hopefully tomorrow and the next few days a few long trail rides will make a world of difference.
Boomer is coming right along as well. Saddles up nice. He is having his moments with giving too, but I am working on it. Yes, we are working on learning to bow. I am trying to think of another cue so if you think of something different that isn't going to give the farrier fits please call and let me know you guys. ~grinz~
I will keep trying to get pictures..... Hope everyone is surviving the heat wave
Take Care


1 Comments:

At 9:17 AM , Blogger EquineSpirit said...

Learning to bow?? Way cool!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home