Believe In Dreams Ranch

Welcome to Believe in Dreams Ranch where horses are trained using gentle "John Lyons" methods. I Apprenticed under "Ken McNabb" after 25 years of training.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Spring is Springing

Finally spring seems just around the corner.
Holy Cow ! I had no idea it has been so long since I posted.
We are gearing up for the training horses. Barn is all cleaned out after the long winter.
Kacey did most of it this year all 53 loads. We are still doing it all by hand
it is just too hard to push that wheelbarrow through the snow.
The outdoor arena needs lot's of work and the pens alongside the barn need to be
cleaned yet. waiting for that to thaw.

Hope everyone fared the winter better than I did. I went into hibernation mode and didn't keep in touch with anyone.

There is already a waiting list for this year and I will not be taking as many as I plan on taking in some horse shows with my own this year. Kacey and I both have 50/50 yearlings and would like to get them out and going. I would also like to take "Rockstar" to a few Paint shows.

Kacey will be helping again this year. We will be taking colts to start. I would like to go to a 60 day minimum on the colts ( we definitely require 60 days for beginning riders.) for more experienced riders we may still do the 30 days. We will still be taking problem horses (however there will be a 30 day minimum for problem horses this year.) I have tried to do them in a shorter time, I am just not satisfied with the results on some of them. I had some tuff ones last year and was expected to do more with them than possible in a shorter time. Riding lessons are still available as well.

phone:662-6789

email believeindreams@gondtc.com

Well guess that is about it for this update.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home