Believe In Dreams Ranch

Welcome to Believe in Dreams Ranch where horses are trained using gentle "John Lyons" methods. I Apprenticed under "Ken McNabb" after 25 years of training.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Pat riding Whiskey


This is Pat riding his horse Whiskey. This is a 4 year old rescue horse that I am starting for him. It is at about 30 days. This is Pat's 2nd ride on him and actually his 3rd ride on a horse. He had ridden once in his life on a nose to tail trail ride. Pat looks real comfortable in the saddle and is doing a great job with Whiskey so far. Learning the reins is going better if I just visit rather than try to give details like slide your hands down the reins to turn. That will all come in time and he does way better and is way more comfortable if I let him do it naturally. Anyway Pat says he is having a blast riding Whiskey and is ready for me to bring him home and pick up the other two.
I love when that happens. It is so fun to watch someone having that much fun on their horse too.

3 Comments:

At 11:31 AM , Blogger EquineSpirit said...

Wow! Way to go guys! Glad he's enjoying himself. It's nice to see guys who enjoy horses. I don't get to see enough of that! :(

 
At 9:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's fun so far. I'm looking forward to getting the other two trained so my wife, daughter and I can go for rides together. Thanks, Karma you've been doing a great job.

 
At 10:04 PM , Blogger Karma said...

I am so glad you like him Pat and I am anxious for you to get Whiskey home and get some time on him. It has been fun working with you. I am looking forward to working with Laurie and your daughter on their horses too. I bet you will be glad to have your family home and they will be surprised to see you riding ~grinz~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home